02 June 2010

Be Strong and Ally Ye

Oh sons of Hawaii

I think its pretty hilarious that I used to know the words to the alma mater then for some reason I just forgot them. Oh well! I'm not going to have to sing it any time soon, I hope.
I haven't updated in a while because graduation has been so intense! From all day practices, going to Oahu, and baccalaureate. I'm just so relieved that it is finally all over. I don't even know what to write about. So many things happened this past week. SO MUCH! I should start from the beginning but everything happened so quickly that my brain can't quite decipher day from day. Okay, I really don't know where to start.
Mauna Ala. That was fucking terrible! Woke up way too late. About an hour after I should have been up, so I had all of 6 minutes to get ready. Left the house when I should have been at the airport. But people were still arriving so I didn't feel too bad. The line for Starbucks was really long but I needed coffee anyways. I have no idea why I had to get the most expensive drink. Seriously, $6 for a coffee!? a SMALL coffee. So ridiculous. But it was fucking delicious. When we got the Oahu airport we had to wait an hour for the boys. So Mahea and I walked around trying to find a good place for food. Obviously, its the airport so we had absolutely no luck. And trying to find something cheap was out of the question too. I hate that Burger King is closed! Its the only decent place in the airport. We ended up sitting down and playing Egyptian War which started to become a hot commodity in the last week of school in Kumu Kalei's class because they never did anything. I almost won, but I think it was Ka'u that won. When the boys finally come in we head down to the buses and I start to feel like shit right when we leave the airport. I have no idea why but I just wanted to puke my guts up. It was awful. When we finally get to Mauna Ala we line up and get ready to chant. We get in and blah blah blah. We line up in a super confusing order. I can't hear or see anything that is going on so I was just looking around the whole time wishing that I was at home sleeping. We sing and chant and give our roses. Then we sing some more. Then the Maui campus decides that we're going to be cool and sing the love song written for Kalakaua that he never heard. But of course, we sounded fucking terrible. Everyone was off and we had no instruments. I really didn't feel like walking around to findthe answers to the questions that Kahu gave to us. So I just leaned against a tree and prayed for death hahaha. Me, Kellie and Joe went in to the church there and it was really stink so I felt worse. When we were finally on our way after what felt like 3 hours of nothing I started to feel better. We get to Kapalama and I see Kalei right away! I was super stoked but she had to leave. Kinda sucked. She pretty much had a line of people waiting for her. Must've felt like a celebrity hah. We were at the chapel on campus and I started to feel like crap again. When everyone was inside I went to the bathroom in hopes of throwing up or something. But nothing happened. I hate how that always happens to me. We go get lunch and I feel fine, finally. But when we get to Kawaiahao Church I start to feel shitty again. When they try to organize us to take the photo it was just chaos. No one could follow directions. They should have lined us up outside so we wouldn't be trying to arrange ourselves ing he aisle. It was retarded. The chapel service felt like forever and the Kapalama boys were sooo fucking rude! Leaving before the song was even over and leaving rubbish everywhere. After that was done we headed to the airport and I felt better, again.
So my theory is I get sick around churches. They make me feel absolutely awful. Terrible, I know. But thats my conclusion for that day.
Friday was baccalaureate, pretty boring. I honestly don't remember what I did that day. Probably nothing. But, Baccalaureate was really boring. Sitting on the stage singing songs that we didn't know was so embarrassing. I don't know why they assume we're going to do fine just because we have the program and song book. It was honestly awful. I didn't know that the Headmaster's Tea wasn't mandatory so I was pretty annoyed by that. But whatever, got to eat free, shitty sushi! Met up with Taena and Mario after that. We planned to go to Pedro's house but that got fucked up when the starter on Taena's car got stuck. Even though Uncle said it was "Cracka Cheese!" So funny. Joe picked me up and we grabbed his hookah and went to Taena's condo. Mother told me that I couldn't sleep over. That was pretty annoying to me. But I guess that was the smart thing to do since my fucking leis weren't even done! Tried a bunch of different alcohol at the condo. That pink stuff was pretty delicious haha. But kinda too fruity.
So the next morning I tell my mom that we have to go to walmart so i can get stuff to make my leis. And she starts bitching at me! I have no idea why she was bitching at me. I should have been bitching at her. I asked a bunch of people a bunch of times to pick things up for me. It isn't hard to grab ribbon and the netting. But i guess it actually was for them. And everything else was being done super last minute too. I fucking hate that so fucking much! I was so pissed, I was about ready to punch someone in the face. And my family thought that I was being bitchy, I guess I was but what ever. I could have had the leis done earlier. And they were not helping by claiming they don't know how. Its easy to figure it out. It was just a terrible way to start graduation. It pretty much ruined my graduation day. I didn't want to be happy that day, I was just in the most pissed off mood I had been in for a long ass time. I did cheer up a little bit though. I bet if I hadn't been pissed off earlier I actually would have cried during the ceremony. I still haven't cried. It's kind of weird. I think I didn't cry yet because I cried that whole week and during song fest. I don't know why I wanted to cry. Thats pretty silly.. wanting to cry at graduation. I was just happy as shit. I just wanted to get out and never have to rely on any one ever again, physically that is. During the ceremony Nea and Shawna kept asking me if I wanted them to scream for me because of what Kahu said about keeping the noise down. And I kept telling them yeah. I told them that before too. I couldn't imagine them not screaming. We're all loud mouths so there was no way I could tell them no. I guess they were pretty loud because a bunch of people gave me funny looks. And during the lei giving part the videographer asked us to scream for the DVD haha. so funny.
So project grad.. people were screaming when the buses pulled up. No idea why. They knew that we were getting buses. So stupid. It was a pretty good night I suppose. The Westin wasn't a bad choice but it was predictable. Swimming at night is probably one of my favorite things to do. Had a lot of fun just watching people make fools of themselves, as usual. Nothing too exciting happened. The salsa was delicious! I wanted to steal a bowl and eat it all myself. The committee dropped like 5K on duffle bags for us. I was really shocked, but really happy! I was in need of a new duffle bag. It was really annoying how everyone screamed for every little thing. That is one thing I will never miss about my class. Their annoying screams. Its about time we actually got something good though. I think project grad was the best class thing we ever had. Dinner was really good. And I was so glad they had Starbucks. The photobooth was fun. But it annoyed me that people stole the props. Thats so fucking ruuuude. For the drawings I put in the wrong ticket. Pretty funny. I put the one without my name on it. I felt like the biggest dumb ass ever, but I wasn't surprised that I did that. Like what if I did win the MacBook? That would have been awesome. But whatever, it is what it is. (hate that saying now) The fucking RockBand was fuuucked up! It was lagging so badly. I ended up just kicking it with Dayton and Royal. Pretty fun way to end the night. I prolly would have fell asleep otherwise. Breakfast sucked, that was a great way to end it all.
I fell asleep on the bus and as soon as me and mahea got in the car we lit up haha. People were passing us but we didn't care. Nicotine! I went to sleep right after Mahea left. Got rudely awaken at 11. That day I got a grand total of 3 hours of sleep. That was really annoying! We didn't even start eating until 2. People didn't start showing up until 5 or 6. That night was fuuuun. Ate some good food. Started drinking When Aunty Fran and Uncle Les started. Didn't stop till 1 ish. Played thumper for the first time. I went first and fucked up right away. Got pretty fucked up too but that was only when Mario gave me Crown. Britt and I needed pliers to open those small bottles of alcohol because they were like super glued shut. Mahea and Kali were gone for the whole night, pretty typical. I passed out first, really typical. But I had no sleep in my defense.



There's a ton that I left out. I will continue later

1 comments:

juskaulani said...

Dude I feel the same. Oh boy.
To much stuff left my blog lame. Haha. I'm not even willing to review the last weeks.

Post a Comment