05 May 2010

Too many thoughts

Race through my brain, and not enough of my brain is used. I think we use 10%?
"To say that we use all of our brain ignores the fact that you couldn't remember where you left your car in the parking garage- even though this is well within your brain potential" I like that.. I think that topic is really interesting, we use all of our brain for different activites, but not all at the same time. I used to think that only 10% of our brain was used for everything and that only geniuses used the full potential of their brain all the time. I guess who ever told me that was very, very wrong.
But, what I was thinking about was relationships.. What is the best type of relationship to have? And are there good times to have certain types of relationships? Such as a really fun, no-seriousness relationship would be good for summer. But is that type of relationship good at all? Even though your partner may make you forget all of your troubles because you are constantly having fun and living freely. Is that actually healthy? Would pushing all of your troubles aside for a relationship make you feel worse in the end? What if you decide to marry someone who makes you feel like that? would you just never face your problems and end up living in regret because you never had the chance to figure it out? Is that even a real relationship? What is a real relationship? I guess to each their own.
Personally, I don't think I could be in a relationship where everything is just fun. There has to be room for serious talks; how are you going to love someone with out seeing them at their worst? You will never really know anyone until you have seen them break down and cry their eyes out because I believe that is when your soul is pouring out and being exposed to the world. I think that is why people don't like to cry. They don't want to feel exposed to anyone for fear of getting more hurt in the long run. It has been shoved down our throats not to cry because it shows that you are weak. I think quite the opposite; those who cry are the strong ones for exposing themselves to every thing in the world. There is no way of telling what people will say of you for crying about something and that is why I hate to cry. I'll admit that I am weak because I absolutely hate crying in front of people. I feel so embarassed about it, but I can only do it around the people I really love and care about. At Aha Mele I cried because I was next to Mahea and we have seen each other cry numerous times and we know each other extremely well. I probably wouldn't have cried if I was sitting next to someone I am comfortable with.
I have no idea where I'm going with this.. But I totally lost my train of though about relationships

0 comments:

Post a Comment